Catholic Metanarrative

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Metanarrative: Feedback, Updates and More ...

Well, it's been a while since I showed my own voice in this blog. And now I think is the best time to surface to give you some news.

For those of you who've been supporting the blog in more ways than one, I really appreciate it. I hope that you can invite people to read the blog and send the link to your friends. What's important is that the people who read the blog (and not the blog itself) are the ones who really improve and make a difference.

One note from an avid follower:
Hey Chipi,
I've been reading your blog for a couple of months now, and I have to say that it's great food for thought and a refreshing change of pace from the usual. There's some good stuff there, especially the Wednesday liturgy sections - so rest assured that you're not speaking to a void. I hope to see more from you!


Thank you all for making this happen!

*~*~*~*~*

Whatever happened to the Wednesday Liturgy section?

As you might have noticed, this weekly segment of 4nov80 has been out of circulation for the past two weeks. ZENIT, the main publisher of the articles I post for Wednesday Liturgy, has currently gone on holiday until the last week of August. Until then, I'll still supply this blog with articles and position papers from different sources of excellent reputation. If you're a follower of the Wednesday Liturgy, I guess you'll have to wait a little longer.

*~*~*~*~*

The blog is still a work in progress. I'm thinking of adding new segments, hopefully focusing on theology and philosophy while making it practical (in the same thrust as Wednesday Liturgy). Here are some things up in the air:

1. Excerpts from the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Most of us aren't too solid in doctrinal-religious formation. By posting some key notes from the CCC, I hope that this will reinforce our knowledge of faith and morals.

2. Excerpts from the Magisterium. The past pope has been a prolific writer and it would be such a waste if we don't put most of his works into focus for this blog. Also, the Vatican Congregations publish a lot of documents that are very helpful for Catholics to live their faith fully.

3. Sunday Reflections. I'm not a keen fan of such genre, but I guess we can post some homilies by some great personalities and scholars every Sunday.

This is not a promise but I hope I can jumpstart these sections soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home