Catholic Metanarrative

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Focused Link: A Cardinal Virtue

A simple article on how a cardinal gets to exercise a myriad of virtues in a simple situation. An excerpt of the article is posted below.

The full link:
http://catholiceducation.org/articles/religion/re0819.html

*~*~*~*~*

The dormitory in this instance was really an expertly converted barn over which St. Barnabas had been asked to preside. A weary Mary and Joseph, who could find no room in the inn, at least gained easy entrance to their barn.

What I did, in the absence of a doorbell, was rattle the outside door for a few minutes until a figure appeared on the second floor, slowly descended to my level, and unlocked the door that had been our final barrier to a good night's rest. "I'm sorry the door was locked," he said. Judging from his attire and his tired look, I thought I surely must have wakened him, and duly apologized. He politely brushed the matter aside. Then I asked him, in the most respectful tone I could muster under the circumstances, "Are you Peter Cardinal Turkson?" He nodded meekly. We shook hands and he asked if he could help me with my baggage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home